Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Deals to Warm Your Aching Bones



Okay, so I'm going full-on advertiser at the moment, but I'm trying to get the word out. I belong to a group of Christian indie authors on Facebook and one of our members, Dave King, the author of The Land of Betrovia series, had the brilliant idea that many of us might get together and discount our books for a promo period of a few days. Eleven authors responded and the result is December Treats: Twenty whoppin' books available for free or darn close to it ONLY Dec. 4-8, 2012! Emaline's Gift and The Book of the Harvest are both included! (Edit: I just realized that not all 20 books are available at their discounted price for the entire 5 days of the promotion. 18 out of 20 ARE, however, so make sure you look at all the info available on the page.)
One of the books included on the
promo, randomly selected because
I feel bad that the author joined
after I made that nifty graphic up
top and she wasn't included in it.

According to my precise calculations (and we all know how good us creative author types are at math!), you can scoop up ALL 20 titles for only $13.86! Wow! For less than the cost of a very large meal at a McDonald's in New York City that includes multiple Big Macs and a chicken sandwich and a twenty piece of Chicken McNuggets as well as America's favorite fries (based on sales), you can have reading material at your digital fingertips to last you all winter long!* Oh, and yes, I said digital. This AMAZING deal is for e-books, most of them available on Kindle, but some on Nook and other places. So, if you don't have an e-book reader, just go ahead and assume you're getting one for Christmas and scoop these babies up now! Anyway, there are Kindle apps available to read these books on your computer, tablet or smartphone sooo you pretty much have no excuse to not lap these up. Unless you're Amish, in which case, welcome to the Internet! This can be a scary place, but I think you've made a wise decision in hitting up my blog first. I recommend not surfing over to YouTube next because I don't think you're ready for that yet.
Another book in the promo. This one
was randomly selected since this
was all Dave's idea and I thought
I owed it to him.

Now, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, Gee! This Dave King seems like a smart fellow! You should interview him on your blog! Good idea. We'll have to see if he's amenable to the idea.

I know what you're also thinking. You're thinking, This all sounds great, but this list has fantasy, children's books, romance, nonfiction and more! I don't read ALL those genres! Well, why not? Come on. Broaden your horizons. Expand your mind. Philistines.

Another randomly selected book from the
promo to spotlight. It's very random. 
Oh, and I also know what you are also, also thinking in your thinking brains. Hey! Isn't The Book of the Harvest regularly $.99?! How is THAT a deal?! Shhhh! Just because it's ALWAYS a good deal doesn't mean it should be excluded from the list here, does it? I would have made it free, but you can only make Kindle books free by being enrolled in a special program, and then there are only limited days to make it free, and I unenrolled The Book of the Harvest so I could also publish it for Nook and other avenues. So, I would have made it free, but couldn't. So, sorry about that. Everything else on the list is a genuine sale, though!

Is that all you're thinking, then? Good. I thought your brain would never stop. I was about to mention one of the Kardashians, which usually does the trick. Anyway, here's the link again: December Treats. Because you deserve it—and it's still a good deal even if you're a wretched individual and really don't.

*This is not meant to be an exact, or "true," claim. I've got no idea how quickly you read. How would I know that? I'm not a wizard.

No comments:

Post a Comment