Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Preview of a Preview of Things to Come

This is, I assure you, extremely relevant.

Hello all!

If you’re visiting from Mary and Michael Findley’s Elk Jerky for the Soul blog, then I greet you warmly. Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome! So glad you’re here. Please, try the fish.

If you’re a regular visitor, then hi. I appreciate you, too. No, really.

So, Mary and I are both participating in this little thematic blog swap thing wherein we both (and many more author/bloggers, I’m sure) share information about our new story or book that we’re currently working on. I’ve actually been pretty tight-lipped about my current project but I can see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel on this first draft, so maybe it’s about time to start talking about it.

But not quite yet.

See, if I have the rules of this blog thing down correctly (and I clearly don’t because today caught me unprepared!), even though I am being linked to today by the Elk Jerky blog, I’m not supposed to do my post for a full week, at which time I direct you to five other participating bloggers who will be sharing about their current projects yet another week later.

So, you come and visit today and hi!

But I’ve got nothing to show you until next week.

Thanks so much for coming, but, um, nothing to see here.
I do hope you’ll come back, however. I’m just over 150,000 words into my current project and it is without doubt the most ambitious and risky novel I’ve ever worked on. It’s extremely different than my currently published works, although it’s still a very Christian book, written to glorify God. But it’s worlds away from Emaline’s Gift (although I intend to work on book two in The Magi Chronicles after this so that’s still coming!). I’m very excited about it, and I’m excited for the opportunity to talk about it. Next week. (I think.)

But permit me to allow a little nibble. The title of my next book is The Savvy Demon’s Guide to Godly Living. You’ve got to admit that’s a pretty interesting title, yeah? Well, I think so, anyway. And I hope you’ll come back on December 19 to hear all about it.

And do help you out with that, here’s a link to Google Calendar so you can get a little reminder! See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment